Monday, March 18, 2013

Sprouts!

So, the seeds that I started last week?  I already had to move most of them (36 to be exact) to larger homes today because they not only sprouted, but they are all over 2 inches high!  Spring can't come fast enough!
Here are most of them, hanging out in the window along with the newest edition to my household, Iggy the Russian Tortoise!  He will be hanging out with us for next several months while his owners travel with the Kelly-Miller Circus.  No, really, his owners have run away with the circus.

Iggy was being camera shy. 


I figured since Iggy has a UV light and a heat lamp, the seedlings would appreciate sharing space with him.

I ended up leaving work early today due to wicked sinus pressure, so I've spent the afternoon sipping coffee and going over my gardening notes from last year and getting things in order for this year.  With moving on hold for one my year (I hope) I'll be gardening in my back yard as well as two 10x10 community plots with a couple friends.  Not only will we be gardening quite a bit of space, but we will have a table at this year's LEAF (Lakewood Earth And Food) CSA pick up, where we will be selling our extra produce, canned jams, jellies, pickles and baked goods!  Along with maybe some handmade awesome.  I'm quite looking forward to this summer.  More so with this rainy, gloomy weather we've been having.  Give it up Old Man Winter and let spring shine!

Have you started your seeds yet?  What will you be growing this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment