Saturday, June 8, 2013

Farmer's Market Kick Off!

So...the moment I've finally been waiting for!  Thursday night was the kick off to this year's Farmer's Market!  Technically it is a CSA (community supported agriculture) pick up along with several local farmers and vendors slinging their wares.  I've purchased a share the last 3 years and this year I decided I was going to vend there.  I'm so thrilled. 
My friend Morgan and I combined forces and we are calling ourselves "Morki's Wares n' Such" so in addition to seasonal jellies and jams, we also have baked goods and handmade items. 
Of course it was raining, but my friend Colleen of Goody2Shoes Bakery was also vending, so we all huddled under a tent together.  My lovely friend Kara was on hand to take some pictures!





 Rose jelly was the favorite, so I'll be making another batch of that this week.  We also have some fun ideas to mix up our Canooooes (which are just homemade Twinkies.) Within the next week or two we will also have fresh strawberry jam on hand.
All in all it was a great time, a lot of friends came out to say, some I haven't seen in a long while and we look forward to next week, and hopefully some nicer weather.

I'm currently recovering from my wisdom teeth removal yesterday, which wasn't as bad as I thought, but I'm already over the swelling and stitches and liquid diet I've been on.

Coming up in the next day or two, we're going to talk about Plaintain!

No comments:

Post a Comment