Thursday, April 11, 2013

Prepping

It seems like I'm always prepping or preparing for something.  Always.  I don't mean this in an "apocalyptic" sense of the word; I just have a lot going on in my world.  For example, this Saturday (April 13) I'm participating in a new event here in Cleveland called The Cleveland Flea.  It's a huge event featuring handmade vendors, flea market vendors, classes and demonstrations and food trucks.  They are going to have a DONUT food truck.  Be still my heart.  In order to get ready for this,  I've been sewing, making new magnets, making sure I have a table and chairs, working on a new business card design and all the usual things one does to prepare for an event.

Next week Wednesday I'm teaching another class on Herbal Infusions, while that doesn't require a lot of prep because I've done it before, I still like to go over things once or twice; plus I have infusions to make and herbs to get etc...  That Sunday I am participating in another new event to Cleveland, EcoCle -  an event specifically for handmade artists/crafters who use recycled materials.  I'm pretty excited about this event, one because I love recycled materials and seeing how people use them and two, it's location is about 8 blocks from my house :)  So Mr. X is just going to drop me off and I don't have to deal with parking or a long drive!  Wee!

If that didn't seem like enough to worry about, let's not forget that it's SPRINGTIME!  And I must be starting in on my garden!  Thankfully it's been kind of rainy these past couple days, so I don't feel too guilty about not being out there, but I have plenty to do inside in regards to my plants. I need to get some onion sets yet, I need to get some compost/manure to spread down, I need to turn my soil, I need to find a new bowl for my bird bath (stupid me forgot to bring the old one in before winter....).  And... this is just what I need to do for my yard, this isn't including the garden plot I'm sharing with my friends!  Sheesh. 
And.... I have The Cleveland Flea next month, Crafty Mart June 1st and then I'm starting LEAF's Farmer's Market Thursday nights the second week in June through October.  I have recipes to perfect, weed walks to schedule, sewing to do, magnets to make, a dog that requires walking every day....
And I just remembered I have to file my taxes for Lakewood tomorrow too. 

Thankfully, the days are getting longer and I have a 5 day weekend coming up next week where I hope to get a SHIT ton of work done. 
How busy does spring make you?

No comments:

Post a Comment