Saturday, April 20, 2013

April Snow Showers

It's times like these that make someone like myself insane.  I took 5 days off of work in order to prepare for a class I was teaching, a show I'm participating in tomorrow and to work in my garden.  You would think that the middle to end of April would be an appropriate time to get in there, "weed" turn the soil, mix in some compost and maybe start some colder weather crops like chard and kale. 
Well, Weds. was an OK day, but I had grocery shopping to do, a house to clean, a dog that needed a walk and a class that evening to prepare for.  Thursday was GORGEOUS!  It was 81 and sunny!  My plum tree finally bloomed!

 I came home, looked out the window and Tada!  It was amazing. 
I had an aromatherapy session first thing in the morning and then it was off to check out my community garden plot with my friend.  Unfortunately we couldn't really do much with it because they want to till at the beginning of May; so all we really got to do was plan.  I did get to pick some tasty chives and anise that was left behind from last year though. 
So, Friday I was hoping to get into my yard.  Surprise!  It's raining.  All day.  And it's cold.  Mr. X and I decided instead to do some shopping to spruce up our house.  We scored some sweet throw pillows (one of them has a lady bug on it!), a whole new bed set and we re-did the bathroom with a new shower curtain, towels and rugs.  So my house looks nice, but my yard is still sad.
Okay, so it's Saturday.  I'll get in there today?!  Nope!  Guess what?!  It's SNOWING!  I guess it's just as well I haven't done any planting yet, but come on!  Mother Nature needs to get her act together. 
Tomorrow I have my show for most of the day and then it's back to work on Monday.  Such is life I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment