Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Classes and More Classes....

Woke up this morning to the awesome news that my federal and state refund were waiting for me in my checking account!  Which means, I went ahead and signed up for the ABC's of Herbalism class with Susun Weed that I have been fantasizing about for the last few months.  I'm beyond elated.  To celebrate, I baked a loaf of dark chocolate pecan bread.  Sadly, I made a bread loaf and should have used a spring-form pan as trying to remove the bread from the pan without losing all the pecans on top was quite a bitch.  Needless to say, it's still in the pan....

I let Roxy out mid morning and the weather was beautiful.  As soon as I stepped out onto the back porch the sun came out from behind the clouds and it felt like spring.  I went back into the house and about 20 minutes later took Roxy for a walk and the sun was gone, the wind had picked up and it felt like winter again!  Ugh.  The walk was great but cold, and immediately upon returning home I went to the garden center to buy some more plants/flowers and then decorated my alter for Ostara.  It's spring at my house damn it.

I'm currently sipping on a Stinging Nettle infusion I made overnight.  I'm thinking I should not have let it steep that long.  Nettle is VERY green, both in taste and color.   I've found I prefer my infusions cold and with some lemon.  I'm drinking this one straight, but there is a lemon in the kitchen calling .....

I also announced officially today the opening of the Herbal Infusions class that I will be teaching on March 20!  That also happens to be Ostara and the Spring Equinox, so I have to come up with something yummy to bake for the class as well.  If you are interested in taking the class here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/events/496046250453031/?notif_t=plan_edited

I'm pretty excited to teach this class.  Infusions are where I got my start in herbalism and incorporating herbs into my diet; they are a great jumping off point if herbals are something you are interested in as well.  The class is $15 and I'm going to go over what an infusion is and how to make them.  I'll will make some there for you to try and teach you about the benefits of the different herbs I use.  You will also get to take home a scoop of your choice of one of the herbs we talk about in class so you can make an infusion at home!

On that note, it's back to studying!  

No comments:

Post a Comment